Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It was store owner Angie Vasquez who picked up the phone

"She put me on hold for a moment and I said 'I have to tell you, the store is in foreclosure'", Miller said. "'I was forced to file bankruptcy, and your dress will no longer be coming to the store' and she also said 'Unfortunately, I can't refund your money.'"
Miller said that took a moment to sink in. "I was calm with her on the phone. It was after I hung up the phone that I had my meltdown with crying, Miller said. "What am I going to do 32 days out, knowing that it takes months to get a dress in?'"
Vasquez didn't give Miller any advance notice that she was having financial problems.
"She apologized for it but this was the first I heard of it, no phone call or anything," Miller said. On the phone, Vasquez told 9News that's because she only found out several days ago that vendors would no longer deliver to her store. Now, she's scrambling to use what little money she has to reimburse clients who paid for their Herve Leger V neck dresses with cash and checks, though she said not everyone will get their money back. Vasquez said she is hoping those who paid with credit cards will dispute the charge.
But, there is some good news. All brides with orders out will receive their dresses, but they'll be shipped to another store. Vasquez said she's doing her best to inform her clients, but until she can get through her list, many of those brides will be left worrying about their special day. "I worry for anybody else who has a wedding coming up who is going to deal with this type of situation if they've ordered anything so it breaks my heart for them too," Miller said. Vasquez said there are still many brides she hasn't been able to contact about the status of their dresses. One reason that process has taken so long is because Vasquez says she's had to lay off every employee from her store, so when it comes to straightening out finances and making phone calls, it is literally a one-woman operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment